Sunday, March 27, 2016

Have



Happy Birthday!
Keri Russell

Mercy

Mercy

Endures
慈悲は耐えます
Jihi wa taemasu 
ps.118

Give thanks for goodness.
Gratitude endures forever.

Let the opposition proclaim,
"Mercy endures."

Let experience declare,
"Mercy endures."

Let intelligence state,
"Mercy endures."

I called for help in my distress.
I was delivered. I was set free.

Love is on my side.
What can anyone do to me?

Defense was there to help me.
I will triumph over hatred.

It is better to rely on that which 
is worthy of trust, than to invest
in profit from violence.

Temptation sought my conscription.
Ungodliness had me surrounded.
I was hemmed in. I had been hemmed in
on every side.

I repelled temptation. I will repel
the urge to support destruction for oppression 
from the threat of damage or death.

Harmful impulses swarmed about me like bees.
They raged against me like fire from thorns.

I will repel them. It is my responsibility.
I was pressed so hard. I was crucified, 
but faith in love delivered me.

Love is my strength and my song.
Faith has become my salvation.

There is the sound of victory
in the tents of our exultation.

Liberty in the law has triumphed!
Justice is exalted!

I will not die. I will live
to declare the work of salvation.

I had been punished severely,
but I was not handed over to death.

Open the gates to righteousness.
I will enter. I will offer thanks
for deliverance.

"This is the gateway to love.
Righteousness by faith is welcome."

I will give thanks because I was answered.
I experienced the joy of salvation.

The stone which the builders had rejected
has become the chief cornerstone.

This is deliverance by design.
It is marvelous. It is wondrous in our eyes.

Defense has acted on this day!
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
 Say "Yes" to this success!

Blessed are those who come in the name of love.
We bless you from this house for peace.

God is our Leader. The love of peace 
has shined upon us. Form a procession
with palms raised to the alter for thanks.

"You are my God. I will thank you.
You are our Leadership. We will exalt you."

Give thanks to our Leader.
She is good. Her mercy endures 
for us.


118 Confitemini Domino
1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; *
his mercy endures for ever.
2 Let Israel now proclaim, *
"His mercy endures for ever."
3 Let the house of Aaron now proclaim, *
"His mercy endures for ever."
4 Let those who fear the Lord now proclaim, *
"His mercy endures for ever."
5 I called to the Lord in my distress; *
the Lord answered by setting me free.
6 The Lord is at my side, therefore I will not fear; *
what can anyone do to me?
7 The Lord is at my side to help me; *
I will triumph over those who hate me.
8 It is better to rely on the Lord *
than to put any trust in flesh.
9 It is better to rely on the Lord *
than to put any trust in rulers.
10 All the ungodly encompass me; *
in the name of the Lord I will repel them.
11 They hem me in, they hem me in on every side; *
in the name of the Lord I will repel them.
12 They swarm about me like bees;
they blaze like a fire of thorns; *
in the name of the Lord I will repel them.
13 I was pressed so hard that I almost fell, *
but the Lord came to my help.
14 The Lord is my strength and my song, *
and he has become my salvation.
15 There is a sound of exultation and victory *
in the tents of the righteous:
16 "The right hand of the Lord has triumphed! *
the right hand of the Lord is exalted!
the right hand of the Lord has triumphed!"
17 I shall not die, but live, *
and declare the works of the Lord.
18 The Lord has punished me sorely, *
but he did not hand me over to death.
19 Open for me the gates of righteousness; *
I will enter them;
I will offer thanks to the Lord.
20 "This is the gate of the Lord; *
he who is righteous may enter."
21 I will give thanks to you, for you answered me *
and have become my salvation.
22 The same stone which the builders rejected *
has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord's doing, *
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 On this day the Lord has acted; *
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Hosannah, Lord, hosannah! *
Lord, send us now success.
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; *
we bless you from the house of the Lord.
27 God is the Lord; he has shined upon us; *
form a procession with branches up to the horns of the altar.
28 "You are my God, and I will thank you; *
you are my God, and I will exalt you."
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; *
his mercy endures for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment