Saturday, February 27, 2016

Thirst


Rhona Mitra: Points of Interest

Thirst
for Love
愛の渇き
Ainokawaki
ps63

Life! You are my life. 
Eagerly I go after you.

My soul thirsts for you.
My flesh longs for you
as in a barren land 
where there is no water.

I have gazed upon you 
in the sacred space 
of this holy place
to behold your power
and glory.

Your love 
will be remembered
with gratitude. That which 
was not necessary will be forgotten.

My lips will praise you.
I will lift up my hands
to give thanks for you
as long as I live.

My soul is content
as with the marrow
from the bones
of my belief.


My mouth praises you 
with the gravy of gratitude
when I remember you in the night
after the day's latitude.

You have been my helper. 
I look to you for improvement.
My soul seeks shelter 
under your wings during
the turbulence of trials
that threaten to blow
me away.

I will suck the marrow
from the bones of this life
to overcome strife.


63 Deus, Deus meus

1 O God, you are my God; eagerly I seek you; *
my soul thirsts for you, my flesh faints for you,
as in a barren and dry land where there is no water.
2 Therefore I have gazed upon you in your holy place, *
that I might behold your power and your glory.
3 For your loving-kindness is better than life itself; *
my lips shall give you praise.
4 So will I bless you as long as I live *
and lift up my hands in your Name.
5 My soul is content, as with marrow and fatness, *
and my mouth praises you with joyful lips,
6 When I remember you upon my bed, *
and meditate on you in the night watches.
7 For you have been my helper, *
and under the shadow of your wings I will rejoice.
8 My soul clings to you; *
your right hand holds me fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment