Sunday, June 19, 2016

Dear


Elisabeth Shue: Battle of the Sexes

Deer
Heart 
愛する心
Aisuru kokoro
ps42

My heart longs 
for the sensation of serenity
as a deer thirsts for flowing streams
of cool, clean water.

My soul is cast down.

I remember the celebration of youth.
The majesty of mountain looked down
on the vibrant green lushness 
of the tree covered land. The raging peace 
of river was fed by the crystal clear of streams
that flowed down from beneath the peak
that held up the soles of my dirty sneakered feet.

The water ran ajar with the land;
as far as the eye could see. 
God was praised 
by the sun's rays.  
Divinity was seen
as serene
within me.
Worship was 
found outside 
the temple.

Now sea calls to sea;

from finite to finite 
to the climate and infinity.
My heart starts at the rumble
of the thunder drum as the waves
of wind and spirit start the splattering
patter that cleanses the soul
when rain roars to the ground.
The lightning flash of love
commands respect with a dash
from the crash.

The darkness of knowledge

is illumined with the question
revealed through prayer.
Will you help me?

I say to divinity,

"You are my rock; my deliverer;
the Savior in whom I trust. Why 
have you forgotten me? Why 
must I settle for sorrow 
while my work 
is exploited?"

It's as if my adversary

was pouring salt on my wound
to increase the pain. I am taunted
by the question once again,
"Where is your deliverance?"

Why are you cast down, dear soul?

Why have you become unsettled within me?
Put your trust in your deliverance.
Divine being will be praised again
within the sanctuary 
of your temple.

42 Quemadmodum
1 As the deer longs for the water-brooks, *
so longs my soul for you, O God.
2 My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the living God; *
when shall I come to appear before the presence of God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night, *
while all day long they say to me,
"Where now is your God?"
4 I pour out my soul when I think on these things; *
how I went with the multitude and led them into the
house of God,
5 With the voice of praise and thanksgiving, *
among those who keep holy-day.
6 Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul? *
and why are you so disquieted within me?
7 Put your trust in God; *
for I will yet give thanks to him,
who is the help of my countenance, and my God.
8 My soul is heavy within me; *
therefore I will remember you from the land of Jordan,
and from the peak of Mizar among the heights of Hermon.
9 One deep calls to another in the noise of your cataracts; *
all your rapids and floods have gone over me.
10 The Lord grants his loving-kindness in the daytime; *
in the night season his song is with me,
a prayer to the God of my life.
11 I will say to the God of my strength,
"Why have you forgotten me? *
and why do I go so heavily while the enemy
oppresses me?"
12 While my bones are being broken, *
my enemies mock me to my face;
13 All day long they mock me *
and say to me, "Where now is your God?"
14 Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul? *
and why are you so disquieted within me?
15 Put your trust in God; *
for I will yet give thanks to him,
who is the help of my countenance, and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment