Sunday, May 24, 2015

Profundis

Thoughts from the Fishbowl
Mundi

The Depths of the World

世界の深さ
Sekai no Fuka-sa


The world is filled with fluid shapes.
Muffled sound bounces round;
consumed by the dissipated
ground for languid liquid stasis.

A dark form pushes a paw
inside my law; testing for life
inside the wetness. Licks lap
heaven with many taps
to test lest thirst
sharpen hunger
for my burst
of thunder.

I see that my sight
does not perceive light outside
the sphere of perception
for my world, but
I believe that intuition
based on experience extends
beyond my extension
of pretension regarding
the breadth for existence.

I can hear sound bounce off
the roof of the world, but salvation
calls for civility in survival. What
movements preserve dignity
for existence?

Reason orders knowledge
for the experience of law
in the struggle for survival
based on testable methods
for discovery by experiment.

Grace sanctions faith with love
for the dove in the search
for the idea of order.

The dove builds her home
in a community with a place
in space. The crow goes where
food is to be found without having
to kill. Predators roam to the place
their prey considers home. Killing
is just for the necessary convenience
of sustenance.

Even predators do not kill
their own kind by design.
Death occurs at random
while defending turf.

The terms for engagement
are arranged by defense.

War is a whore for profit.

If condemnation were reserved
for every error, who could stand?
Forgiveness is forged by mercy
for the merciful.

Condemnation
considers violent crime
or cruel oppression as a
cause for correction
by incarceration;
not destruction
of the person
as the cause.

Objective personal perspective
is for our non-discriminatory social view.
Justice is for the improvement of the world.

I have called for salvation
as civility in social relations
despite the struggle for survival.
The call came from the depths
of my soul in the safety
of my home.

I requested dignity
from deep in the heart
of the world. The request
came from the quest for the best
as derived from the test
in the context of the contest.

My soul longs for love
more than darkness
waits for dawn;
more than Mars
declares glory
for the morning.

Faith in love is my redemption.


for CR
Profundis
Ps.130

1 Out of the depths have I called to you, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice; *
let your ears consider well the voice of my supplication.

2 If you, Lord, were to note what is done amiss, *
O Lord, who could stand?

3 For there is forgiveness with you; *
therefore you shall be feared.
4 I wait for the Lord; my soul waits for him; *
in his word is my hope.

5 My soul waits for the Lord,
more than watchmen for the morning, *
more than watchmen for the morning.

6 O Israel, wait for the Lord, *
for with the Lord there is mercy;

7 With him there is plenteous redemption, *
and he shall redeem Israel from all their sins

No comments:

Post a Comment