Sunday, January 5, 2020

Clean

1.12.19
Baptism


Gemma Arterton

Clean
Yourself
清洁自己
Qīngjié zìjǐ
自分をきれいに
Jibun o kirei ni
ps119.25+
Mundus Te

When I leave the door to pass the gate
I have organized my action to avoid being late.

I obey the law to drive with safety in the relative way
or walk on the sidewalk in the not just lately case for the day 
in the maybe baby of the stately frailness of the straight path sway.

My soul abhors the dust that clings to me.
I cleanse the perception of my perspective when I clean my body.

Where is the bathroom? I need to get clean. 
I won't feel right until my hygiene can be gleaned.

When I asked for guidance I was shown a hypothesis.
Divine design in nature has made me an investigator of consequence.

Help me to understand the precepts for Your order.
I will meditate on the effects without regret for respect for borders.

When my soul melts away in sorrow
I look to your word for strength to borrow.

Let me put false ways far from me
that I may teach your law graciously.

I have chosen the way of faithfulness.
I set your rules before me with gratefulness.

I cling to the testimonies of Your truth.
Let my investigation preserve my youth.

I will rely on the energy drawn from Your commandments
when Your enhancements are enacted as advancement.

It is clear that Your authority extends beyond the fence in the yard.
I will behave in a way that defends the sense of legal power on guard.

Give me understanding to keep Your law
that I may observe it for my heart drawn dawn.

Lead me on Your path
for I delight in doing the math.

Incline my heart to Your revelation
that I may discount unsubstantiated allegation.

Let me see the worth of things
in terms that actual value brings.

Confirm Your promise to Your servant
that You may be revered for the service.

I dread damage from reproach
for adherence to the rules that I feel that You coached. 

I long for the rightness 
that the precepts for divine justice
teaches for trust with me for us. 

A good question is like a hook for investigation.
Discovery provides another piece to the puzzle of salvation.

Let your love be shown as steadfast
that I may answer those who forget the past.

I hope the rules I find by faith in You
conform to the reality created as true.

God created the heavens.
It was stretched out as testimony to the divine essence.

The Creator spread out the earth.
Matter was given form in tribute to worth.

The LORD called you in righteousness.
The light of the covenant was give to enliven us.

The light can open eyes that are blind
to the truth that life is that which we can find.

Prisoners who sat in the darkness of doubt
will be brought to see that insight can be drawn out.

Praise will be directed to the One through the name of God.
The servant will be the Son who delivers us against the odds.

New things will be declared before they spring forth.
The past has come to pass in the directions south of north.

Non-Jews were in need of faith in one God.
The Greeks, the Romans and the Parthians were at odds.

Judah made progress with respect for national security
in the name of the crown for their growth in maturity.

There were those who were ranked as good by history.
They were gratefully faithful in the work to overcome adversity.

They managed defense with respect for the law.
They led the remnant that Isaiah's vision saw.



Faith in Christ was resurrected with Jesus in Galilee
after the baptism announced by John in the Jordan's perfect sensuality.

The heavens were opened. The dove descended.
The love of God was to the nations extended.

Jesus proclaimed love in Judea and Jerusalem as well.
The Apostles ate and drank with him before they witnessed the knell
on Golgotha's tell.

He was resurrected on the third day
to deliver the command to proclaim the good way
of forgiveness for sins in his name's sake.

The Apostles received the gift of the Holy Spirit
to speak the gospel in the language in which people could hear it.


They extended the message through the known world
insofar as their ability was increased by the challenges hurled. 


I will keep Your law forever
that I may serve You in each endeavor.

The search for wisdom will increase comprehension
of the role thought plays in the apprehension 
of sensation.

I will speak of participation in legal polity
in a way that improves moral quality.

I find my delight in the law which I love;
that is the reflection of Your design from above. 

I will lift up my hands for what is divine in Your design.
I will meditate on how Your statutes are benign.

----------------------

Dalet

Daleth
4th letter
Door or gate
Adhesit pavimento
Adhered to pavement

25  My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
 26  When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes!
 27  Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
 28  My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
 29  Put false ways far from me
and graciously teach me your law!
 30  I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your rules before me.
 31  I cling to your testimonies, O Lord;
let me not be put to shame!
 32  I will run in the way of your commandments
when you enlarge my heart!

He

He
5th letter
Fence
Legem pone mihi
Set me

33  Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes;
and I will keep it to the end.
 34  Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
and observe it with my whole heart.
 35  Lead me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in it.
 36  Incline my heart to your testimonies,
and not to selfish gain!
 37  Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways.
 38  Confirm to your servant your promise,
that you may be feared.
 39  Turn away the reproach that I dread,
for your rules are good.
 40  Behold, I long for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life!

Vav


Waw
6th letter
Hook
Et veniat super me
Come to me
41  Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,
your salvation according to your promise;
 42  then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
 43  And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
for my hope is in your rules.
 44  I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever,
 45  and I shall walk in a wide place,
for I have sought your precepts.
 46  I will also speak of your testimonies before kings
and shall not be put to shame,
 47  for I find my delight in your commandments,
which I love.
 48  I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,
and I will meditate on your statutes.

---------------------
===============
---------------------

Psalm 119:25-48

The Hebrew letters used in this section of the psalm are daleth, he and waw.
Dalet is the 4th letter in the Semitic abjads. The adjads include the  Phoenician Dālet, Hebrew 'Dālet ד, Aramaic Dālath, Syriac Dālaṯ ܕ, and Arabic Dāl د .

The letter is based on a glyph of the Middle Bronze Age Proto-Sinaitic alphabets. It is based on a hieroglyph depicting a door.

The Phoenician letter gave rise to the Greek delta (Δ), Latin D and the Cyrillic letter Д.

The letter dalet along with He is used to represent the Names of God in Judaism. The letter He is used commonly. The dalet is not used as much.

The keter (crown) of a tallit or prayer shawl has the name of God usually represented by a dalet. A reason for this is that He is used as an abbreviation for HaShem "The Name". The dalet is used as a non-sacred reference.

He is the 5th letter in the Seimitic abjads. These include the  Phoenician Hē, Hebrew Hē ה, Aramaic Hē, Syriac Hē ܗ, and Arabic Hāʾ ه.

Heth means fence in the Phoenician alphabet.

The proto-Canaanite letter gave rise to the Greek Epsilon, Etruscan E 𐌄, Latin E, ֻ and Ɛ and Cyrillic Е, Ё, Є and Э. He represented a consonant like all Phoenician letters, but the Latin, Greek and Cyrillic equivalents have all come to represent vowels.

Hei is an abbreviation for Hashem in Judaism. Hashem means "the Name." It is a way to speak about the name of God without saying the name for the deity.

Waw or vav is the 6th letter of the Semitic abjads. These include the Phoenician wāw, Aramaic waw, Hebrew vav ו, Syriac waw ܘ and Arabic wāw و .

It is the origin for the Greek Ϝ (digamma) and Υ (upsilon), Cyrillic У, Latin F and V and the derived "Latin" or "Roman" alphabet letters U, W, and Y.

The letter likely originated with an Egyptian hieroglyph which represented the word mace.
The word vav is used in modern Hebrew to mean  both "hook" and the letter's name.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/treasury-of-david/psalms-119-25.html
https://www.studylight.org/commentary/psalms/119-25.html
https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/psalm-119/

-----------------

Where is the bathroom? I need to get clean.

Chn. 洗手间在哪里? 我要打扫
           Xǐshǒujiān zאi nǎlǐ? Wǒ yאo dǎsǎo
Jpn.  化粧室はどこですか。 きれいにする必要がある。
           Keshō-shitsu wa dokodesu ka? Kirei ni suru hitsuyō ga arimasu.
Krn.  화장실은 어디에 있습니까? 깨끗해야 해요.
           hwajangsil-eun eodie issseubnikka? kkaekkeushaeya haeyo.
Ltn.   Ubi est latrina? EGO postulo impetro mundus erit.
Itn.    Dov'ט il bagno? Ho bisogno di pulire.
Grk.   Πού είναι το μπάνιο? Πρέπει να καθαρίσω.
           Poת eםnai to bבnio? Prיpei na katharםso.
Spn.  ¿Dףnde estב el baסo? Necesito limpiarme.
Frn.   Oש se trouvent les toilettes? Je dois me nettoyer.
Gmn. Wo ist die Toilette? Ich muss sauber werden.
Dtch. Waar is het toilet? Ik moet schoon worden.
Hgn.   Hol van a frdץszoba? Meg kell tisztםtani.
Trk.    Banyo nerede? Temizlenmem gerek.
Rsn.   Где здесь ванная комната? Мне нужно очиститься.
            Gde zdes' vannaya komnata? Mne nuzhno ochistit'sya.           

Where is the bathroom? I need to get clean.
I won't feel right until my hygiene can be gleaned.

--------------------


Isa.42:5

Chapters 40-55 in the book of Isaiah are known as "Deutero-Isaiah". The chapters are dated from the time of the Israelites' exile in Babylon.

Chapter 42 contains a poem known as the first of the "Servant songs." Jewish tradition holds that Isaiah identifies the servant as either the Israelites themselves (Hebrew: אור לגויים, or l'goyim) or Cyrus.

The identification with Cyrus is contrasted with Jewish Christian and later gentile Christian tradition. Cyrus is not identified as the Suffering Servant by Islamic tradition either.

The idea of a 'servant' played a small part in the earlier chapters. It was used as a designation of the unworthy Eliakim in 22:20 and of the figure of David in 37:35.

It comes to the fore as a description of major significance in Second Isaiah. The noun is used more than 20 times in chs. 40-55.

Its first usage is obviously important in establishing the sense in which we are to understand it. Here it is clear that the community of Israel/Jacob is described.

The introduction to chapter 42 associates God with the LORD who created heaven and earth. The Creator gave breath and spirit to people. He has called those who believe to righteousness in the covenant.

The blessings of the call to agreement extend to the nations. Eyes that were 'blind' are opened. 'Prisoners' who sat in darkness are brought out to see the light.

Praise in the past was shaped in the stone or wood of idols. New things will be declared before they are seen in the new covenant.

Isaiah 42:5-9

Thus says God, the LORD,
who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and what comes from it,
who gives breath to the people on it
and spirit to those who walk in it:

I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness.
I have taken you by the hand and kept you.
I have given you as a covenant to the people,
a light to the nations,
to open the eyes that are blind,
to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon,
from the prison those who sit in darkness.

I am the LORD. That is my name.
My glory I give to no other
nor my praise to idols.
See, the former things have come to pass.
New things I now declare
before they spring forth
I tell you of them.

-----------------------

God created the heavens.
It was stretched out as testimony to the divine essence.

The Creator spread out the earth.
Matter was given form in tribute to worth.

The LORD called you in righteousness.
The light of the covenant was give to enliven us.

The light can open eyes that are blind
to the truth that value in life is that which we can find.

Prisoners who sat in the darkness of doubt
will be brought to see that insight can be drawn out.

Praise will be directed to the One through the name of God.
The servant will be the Son who delivers us against the odds.

New things will be declared before they spring forth.
The past has come to pass in the directions south of north.

=================

The Acts of the Apostles is addressed to Theophilus (God-lover). It is like the gospel of Luke in this regard.

Jesus charged  the Twelve Apostles with the mission to spread the Gospel throughout the world. Peter served as the leader of the apostles and the small congregation of the faithful in Jerusalem.  Matthias was elected to replace Judas Iscariot.

The Apostles and other followers of Jesus were gathered in the Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Weeks (Shavuoth).

The feast marks the all-important wheat harvest in Israel (Exodus 34:22). It commemorates the anniversary of the day when God gave the Torah to the nation of Israel assembled at Mount Sinai.

Jesus had promised that his followers would receive the “gift” of tongues (Mark 16:17). “They shall speak with new tongues.” The word “new” speaks to a newness of quality. This gift would involve a fresh or new way of speaking, not a new kind of utterance unknown to mankind.

The fulfillment of the promise began on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2). These “tongues” were “languages” known to visitors to Jerusalem (Acts 2:2-11). “How hear we every man in our language wherein we were born?” (Acts 2:11).

The gift of tongues is the ability to speak a foreign language. The experience of communication has a religious or a miraculous quality when faith in God is communicated.

Peter preached the fear of God as a global universal. Those who act in accordance with what is right act in accord with the divine will. Legislation against criminal behavior allows for the non-criminal as good provided that it doesn't damage the property or physical safety of another's body.

God's will doesn't favor a particular group or language in an exclusive sense. The language of particular favor was addressed to Judah when it was the first to adopt monotheism as the form for the official religion.

The stories of polytheism were viewed as tribally divisive insofar as there were so many different deities who were in conflict with others based on immoral motives.

There was the sense that the immorality of the gods was an inducement for moral behavior in people, but the collateral damage in contrast to such an implied intent was prone to exponential escalation.

When morality is supposed to be extracted from a system of stories about gods with immoral behavior, it is easy to lose sight of the credibility in moral standards. If bad behavior is pereceived as the cause for societal success in civilization, how civilized is the society?

Religion can be critical of doctrine as related to practice, but it can't be sectarian particularly in an official capacity. Impartiality in practice defaults to the pragmatic proof of objective goodness in action with allowance for subjective flux in non-essential things.  Differences in custom are often conditioned by the historical development of the religion.

While there is a universal character to the promise of salvation with respect for the atonement offered by the sacrifice of the Son, there is an official purpose for religion with respect for the security of the nation.

Whether a state is a kingdom or a republic, the religion has to profess allegiance to the host country to retain legal status. A member cannot promote riot, terrorism, rebellion, revolution or world war and maintain a legally recognized status within the society.

The provision of sanctuary for criminals is not a requirement of the law.

Acts 10:34-43

Peter began to speak to them: 'I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. You know the message he sent to the people of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ--he is Lord of all. That message spread throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John announced: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil for God was with him. We are witnesses to all that he did both in Judea and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree; but God raised him on the third day and allowed him to appear, not to all the people but to us who were chosen by God as witnesses and who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one ordained by God as judge of the living and the dead. All prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.'

-----------------------

Non-Jews were in need of faith in one God.
The Greeks, the Romans and the Parthians were at odds.

Judah made progress with respect for national security
in the name of the crown for their growth in maturity.

There were those who were ranked as good by history.
They were gratefully faithful in the work to overcome adversity.

They managed defense with respect for the law.
They led the remnant that Isaiah's vision saw.

Faith in Christ was resurrected with Jesus in Galilee
after the baptism announced by John in the Jordan's perfect sensuality.

Jesus proclaimed the love of God in Judea and Jerusalem as well.
The Apostles ate and drank with him before they witnessed the knell
on Golgotha's tell.

He was resurrected on the third day
to deliver the command to proclaim the good way
of forgiveness for sins in his name's sake.

=================

John the Baptist baptized in the Jordan River. Scholars think that he was influenced by the Essenes, who like John, were leading an ascetic life in the wilderness of Qumran or EnGedi. One of their principal religious rituals was a daily immersion in water to regain purity.

An annual ritual of purification had been practised by the Pharaoh in Egypt to encourage the people to bathe for hygiene. This rite had specific adaptations for application in Judaism before it became a daily practice.

The Jordan River represented a natural mikva with continuously running water. Baptism as a rite represented a passage from the primitive state of existence into membership in the first monotheistic state for society in the Middle East.

The archaeological sites discovered and the associated studies carried out recently show the remains of five churches uniquely designed and built since the 5th century as memorials of Jesus baptism.

Matt. 3: 13-17

Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, 'I need to be baptized by you and do you come to me?' Jesus answered him, 'Let it be so now. It is proper for us in this way to fulfill all righteousness.' Then he consented.

When Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. A voice from heaven said, 'This is by Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.'

-----------------------

Faith in Christ was resurrected with Jesus in Galilee
after the baptism announced by John in the Jordan's perfect sensuality.

=================

George Berkeley (Bar-clay) was the namesake of the city of Berkeley (Bur-kley), California, which is most famous as the home of the University of California.

Dust


George Berkeley (1685-1753)
Principles of Human Knowledge (1710)

Berkeley argued that knowledge through our senses gives us knowledge of our senses, not of unperceived things. Reason does not guarantee that there are, necessarily, unperceived objects. We encounter ideas that do not correspond to external objects in dreams and frenzies.

The argument doesn't recognize the facility of generalization. There are certain kinds of cats in Japan that are different from those common to the US, but the definition of a cat still includes those that differ from our experience with what had been seen in our country.

Japanese Cat

The empiricists were engaged in a struggle to suggest that the common citizen was capable of learning how to argue, but would have to accept Parliamentarian decisions in imperial expansion.

Berkeley accepted the possibility that slavery could be used as a tool for the expansion of civilization, but he wanted to stipulate that it was a temporary phase in the transition for a primitive to a civilized state of existence.

His emphasis was on freedom. Locke and Hume were determinists. Berkeley simply overcompensated in his opposition to the determinist error. He resorted to a form of solipsism in his argument against Locke.

Berkeley asked his audience to suppose that there were an intelligence that was not affected by external bodies. What reason would that intelligence have to believe that bodies external to the mind were exciting those sensations and ideas? None. Knowledge of external objects was actually limited to the knowledge of sensation regarding tangible existence.

He defined the dilemma in The Principles, "In short, if there were external bodies, it is impossible we should ever come to know it; and if there were not, we might have the very same reasons to think there were that we have now."

Sensations were imprinted in the order of experience with like vividness to the ideas of mind described by the person who explained what word was used to describe the sensation as an idea.

Berkeley went so far as to argue that the possibility that intelligence could exist without matter was a proof against the existence of matter.

This was a modern generalization of the monist argument presented by the Eleatics in Italy. If existence doesn't exist except in act of perception, what's the meaning in the raising of dust?

Berkeley was refuting the error in the universalism of Locke's argument. The Irish had a history of dealing with the problem of slavery at least from the time of Pelagius.

Evidence of participation in the slave trade must have increased prior to the time that Berkeley wrote "The Principles of Human Knowledge."

He didn't explicitly argue against the institution. He made the proposal for making manumission a goal during the life of the person who had been enslaved after he had been given instruction in the language and customs of British society.

Education was not recognized as a public institution at the time. The norm throughout Europe was that students were taught how to read with the classics either in Latin if there was proximity to the royal family or in a translation from the Latin texts.

Everyone who had learned to read was given instruction in the myths of Greco-Roman society prior to direct exposure to any translation of the Judeo-Christian scriptures in the Bible. Locke was a Puritan and a Whig.

The Puritans were Calvinists. The Calvinists argued against the monarchy as corrupt in order to push for the institution of republic.

Much of the administrative structure that had been developed by the monarchy with respect for tribal or parish organization was discounted with the definition of corruption. The doctrine of Sola Scriptura lent itself to the identification of classical knowledge as corrupt.

The definition of private property as expressed by the English Bill of Rights did not outlaw slavery.

The Calvinists and Puritans were ruling out large amounts of biblical and classical culture with their rebellion against the crown. The enslavement or exploitation of primitives was allowed. These actions were designated by territory.

Africa was seen as the source for slaves. The natives in the colonies could be driven from their lands with war or militia raids to claim natural resources.

Berkeley was well educated in classical and Christian knowledge. He knew that his argument against triangles was rhetorical. He knew that his argument for particulars was too particular. He knew that his position for immaterialism was subject to the errors of idealism or excess in subjectivity.

He argued against what was wrong about Empiricism because it was prone to large scale abuse in colonial expansion. He agreed with the basic principles of the philosophy because it was elemental with respect for education.

Young students can't be treated as adults who have already been instructed in the elements of the language arts. It is counterproductive to progress in learning how to read the language. They have to be taught to read so they can learn to do it for themselves. Students learn how to argue as they are exposed to argument through that which they read.

Hobbes had identified Parliament as the Leviathan in his work on political philosophy. This was interpreted as support for absolute monarchy by Locke and the Whigs.

Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, James I and Richard Hooker had not argued for absolute power for monarchs. The divine rights of monarchy was derived from the vision of Isaiah for a royal line of succession in the development of the language, culture and economics of society with political leadership. The family line of succession was a component of the royal position.

Berkeley's razor was a rule for reason that proposed to eliminate error as associated with the absolutism of Plato or the universalism of Aristotle or the subsequent scholastic developments that was characteristic of Aquinas.

Experiment played a role in the razor, but the razor suffered from an excess emphasis on the particulars of any given individual's perception.

Berkeley's argument paved the way for the passions of Hume's empiricism that came close to the denial of value in objective knowledge. Causation itself became an essentialist principle that was subject to error in association between cause and effect.

Hume wasn't a great advocate of experiment as a means to resolve dispute. His passion for history suggested that subjective demographics was the means to make determinations for people.

Eleatic monism was deft in the challenge that it presented to describe the perception of the existence of things. It was too disagreeable to any kind of agreement in terms of the refutations of error in the absolutist or universalist philosophical positions.

How were people to agree about anything when the existence of matter was denied as a reality external to mental perception?

----------------------

Providence


John Jay was a Christian. He expressed favor for Christian leadership by election. It was his opinion that the people will do better with leaders who were for the public with the help of the Christian faith.
Free will was a national entity that would best serve and be best served by the majority religion.

When Jay wrote about the dangers of foreign influence as Publius he didn't obsess on defining an enemy as far from our borders as he could. He wrote about trade relations.

His definition of the purpose for government focused on unity in relation to other nations. This unity was concerned with the negotiation of trade for the benefit of the union with respect for international relations.

The causes of war were described in the Federalist Paper #3. "Just" cause was contrasted with pretended. Personal gain by officials for their claim to absolute power was expressed in the rhetoric that justified the war for independence.

Jefferson had documented the argument against 'absolute monarchy' though it was probably known that the House of Commons was most inclined to seek personal gain for reelection by deceptive stories released to the public through the press.

Personal gain was not a just cause for war.

Broken treaties and violent attacks were regarded as a call for defense.

There were only 13 states at the time. The military was largely dedicated to the defense of the borders. The US Army has bases in foreign nations as well as in the continental borders.

Knowledge of the foreign language is necessary if the troops hope to interact with the local population in a friendly and diplomatic way. The current mission for the Army is to assist host nations in operations to counter terrorism.

The position for the support of a professional standing military is compromised by the deceit.

The defense of American citizens in the Middle East is part of that mission only insofar as the 'Christians' or members of other western organizations aren't engaged in subversive action intended to force regime change on the host country.

When political change is forced into action by the threat of the destruction of property or damage those who reside in the borders of the host nation, it is terrorism. When terrorism is used in the war on terror, it conflicts with the operations that counter the criminal offense.

The US Congress has enacted legislation against terrorism. The law includes a provision against terrorist acts in foreign nations.

The protection of property purchased by the US for embassies as well as bases is important, but there are media stories that are purchased by opponents to conservative reform that seek to increase the cost for military ops in foreign lands.

The leftists and liberals are just working to develop a consensus of agreement against reasonable expectation.

They will pay for stories that depict the destruction of property in order to frighten the public into concession to the belief that more tax money has to be spent on the protection of US property. They also want the public to pay for regime change by ISIS and related terrorist organizations.

The leftists would have the public pay for socialism as though it were for Christianity in the Middle East.

The development of a substantive navy during the time of John Jay in the infancy of the country was reflective of what had been done by Spain, the Netherlands and Great Britain. The US was looking at the success of European countries as the basis for forming the new republic.

The Navy was concerned with the protection of trade routes in addition to the defense of the eastern seaboard.

It was the opposition to reasonable development that used the media outlets of the time to rant against reasonable expectation to favor control of the public with fear.

John Jay wrote against absolute monarchy again in the fourth paper. The argument was known to be the Calvinist banner for rebellion, but it was offered by Jay as a call to work for self-determination in the US republic.

Broken treaties and violent action against the safety of the American people was defined as the justification for war. The national government needed to form realistically beneficial treaties for trade in order to avoid the invitation of hostility or insult against safety for the people.

Federalist #4
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1404/1404-h/1404-h.htm#link2H_4_0004

Jay also argued that we didn't want to give just cause for war to other nations. A single national government would provide less cause to foreign powers than the "proposed little confederacies."

Another pretended cause for war was the supposed benefit of national gain from the war. Worse than this was personal gain from violent conflict by an absolute monarch. He didn't explicitly state it, but personal gain for the reelection of elected officials represented a more immediate but a non-explicit threat.

The power of election was advocated as the primary means to test for the will of the people, but the danger of deception by aggressive populist type media campaigns through the press was pronounced.

The "absolute monarch" was offered in literary effigy as a symbol of personal motivations such as thirst for military glory, revenge for personal affronts, ambition or a private compact to aggrandize  support for their particular families or partisans.

Competition between nations for trade was offered as preferable. France and Britain were rivals in the fisheries. Jay proposed that Americans could provide fish for their markets cheaper than they could themselves.

France, Britain and other European nations were rivals in navigation for the transportation of supplies. The US would need to develop something competitive in the shipping industry for trade as well as a navy to protect travel routes.

The development of trade with China and India would decrease that which had been a monopoly to increase the direct purchase of commodities that used to be purchased from them.

The prices for American products would be kept low to compete with products offered by foreign nations with interests near our borders. The affordability and excellence of our productions added to the circumstance of vicinity to the enterprise and address of our merchants and navigators will give us a greater share in the advantages of national unity.

Spain had excluded American vessels from the Mississippi. Britain had shut down the Saint Lawrence.

Other waters were closed to traffic in between. American advancement in union, power and consequence by land and sea would not be viewed with indifference.

The opening of vital trade routes was a consideration in the development of the national interest. A strong navy would have to be able to defend American trade.

The building of strength for the protection of the union with a good national government was necessary to other nations in a position where war would be discouraged instead of invited. Such a situation insisted on the best possible state of defense with the government, the arms, and the resources of the country.

Safety was in the interest of the whole. It wouldn't be afforded recognition as a value by 3, 4 or even 13 different governments.

One government would collect the talents and experience of the ablest men in whatever part of the Union they were to be found. Movement on uniform principles of policy was to prove purposeful. Harmony, assimilation and protection for the several parts and members was to extend the benefit of its foresight and precautions to each.

The formation of treaties was to regard the particular interests of the parts as connected with that of the whole. It would be able to apply the resources and power of the whole to the defense of any particular part more easily and expeditiously than State governments or separate confederacies.

The militia would be placed under one plan for organization. Officers were to be ordered in rank with respect for the Commander. One military corps would be more efficient than multiple entities.

Where would the unity of the British military be if the English obeyed the government of England, the Scots that of Scotland and the Welsh that of Wales? Would the 3 militias be able to operate as effectively  in defense of the British Isles against the enemy with all their respective forces?

The fleets of Britain had grown to a position of prominence in the world. The US Navy might yet grow to such a position if the nation acted to build such a force.

If one national government had not so regulated the navigation of Britain as to make it a nursery for seamen;  had it not called forth all the national means and materials for forming fleets, their prowess and their thunder would never have been celebrated.

Let England have its navigation and fleet. Let Scotland have its navigation and fleet. Let Wales have its navigation and fleet. Let Ireland have its navigation and fleet. Let those four constituent parts of the British empire be be under four independent governments and it is easy to perceive how soon they would each dwindle into comparative insignificance.

Would you have them run each to their fleets as the lost tribes of Israel had fled to their tents?

The institutional facts for union had to be applied to the consideration of the American republic. If the country remained divided in 13 different states or had they only chosen to organize into regional confederacies, the competition between the distinctive entities would create greater division.

What armies could they raise and pay? What fleets could they ever hope to have? If one was attacked, would the others fly to its support and spend their blood and money in its defense?

Would there be no danger of their being flattered into neutrality by specious promises or seduced by a too great fondness for peace to hazard their tranquility and immediate safety for the sake of neighbors?

This consideration is drawn from the knowledge of political developments documented in the Bible.

The history of a nation extends from the start to the present. The history of nations as seen by reading the Bible presents a larger picture.

Knowledge of classical society is necessary as well. The history of the states of Greece and other countries abounded with instances of alliance refused out of jealousy.  It is probable that what had so often happened as natural would happen again under similar circumstances.

What motivation would admit that they might be willing to help an invaded state or confederacy? How, when and in what proportion should military aid and money be afforded?

Who would command the allied armies? From which of them would he receive his orders? Who would settle the terms of peace?   What mediator would decide between the states and compel acquiescence in case of dispute?

Various difficulties and inconveniences would be inseparable from such a situation.  One government watching over the general and common interests to combine and direct the powers and resources of the whole without dictatorship.

The union would be free from the embarrassment of shortsightedness with a lackluster plan. The plan for a single government would conduce far more to the safety of the people.

Foreign nations will know and view the American situation as it is. They will act in accordance with  one national government or move to take advantage of multiple entities.

If they see that our national government is efficient and well administered; our trade prudently regulated; our militia properly organized and disciplined; our resources and finances discreetly managed; our credit established; and our people free, contented and united, they will be much more disposed to cultivate our friendship than provoke our resentment.

If they find us destitute of an effectual government with each State doing right or wrong as its ruler may seem convenient or split into three or four discordant republics with one inclination to Britain, another to France and a third to Spain, then the foreign powers will play each off against the other by the three.

What a poor, pitiful figure America would make in their eyes! She would become liable to their contempt or outrage. How soon would dear-bought experience proclaim that when a people or family is so divided, it never fails to be against themselves.

----------------------

Corruption


When the working assumption in a two party system is that the other party is the cause of corruption, debate becomes an exercise in futility.

The Dems have detected corruption in their policy, but they blame the president, the Republican party and the American people for representing opposition.

The charges for 'abuse of power' and 'obstruction of Congress' are vague when applied to the president. There is more evidence that Joe Biden was guilty of the abuse of power in Ukraine than Donald Trump.

The president asked for information about the situation in the country. Biden threatened to withhold a billion dollars in aid if they didn't fire the investigator who was exploring the actions of the Bidens.

The 'obstruction of Congress' charge begs the question, obstruction from what? Was the support for regime change by the action of ISIS supposed to represent democracy in the US or the Middle East? It was terrorism. There is a national law against terrorist action.

Rights


Modern republic explicitly acknowledges the right to vote for citizens. A number of amendments were added for the recognition that the right extends to women and people of color.

Republican government did not outlaw slavery in the past. Enslavement was considered a freedom for those who could afford to buy and take care of the slave.

Legislation against the trade and the institution was used to rule out the ownership of other people as a right. The push for treaties for the adoption of legislation against slavery by other nation states was promoted by the British parliament in accord with their monarchy.

Jefferson owned slaves and sent American military personnel to fight against the Berbers to defend the American slave trade. This action didn't allow for the right for slaves to be counted as full citizens.

The slaves were counted as part of the population in a way that contributed to the number of representatives that could be elected to Congress, but the 'democracy' was populist as opposed to Republican.

The term Jeffersonian republican was not representative of Republican democracy. It was populist socialism in the spirit of Plato and the Spartan influence on Athenian populism.

Republic provides concepts for debate about government with the constitution. The Demo-dictum works to overrule reasonable debate in order to establish dominance with stories in the leftist media about Republican corruption.

================

Christianity was drawn from Judaism. It was a Roman derivative.

The Romans were against monotheism as a religious form when they destroyed Jerusalem.

Polytheism as a form was tolerant of extraction from primitive tribalism. Much of the world was organized into tribal society at the time.

Kingdom was one step beyond tribalism. Republic saw itself as a step beyond that.

Vespasian sponsored Josephus to draft of a history of Judea in order to preserve a description of the actions that were taken when Judah was a province. Judah had been ahead of the power curve when it came to the adoption of monotheism.

Christianity became sectarian when the status as the official religion of the empire was used to deny legal standing to other religious forms. Polytheism and Judaism were both persecuted.

Judaism and Islam became the "other" monotheistic forms. It was sectarian religion that sought to institute prejudice against the other forms.

There is a legitimate legal concern about other religious forms in the host country. The investiture controversy sought to give the pope the right to choose the bishops for the Church in every kingdom of the empire after the monarchs had been given the right.

Religion that is used to promote riot, terrorism, rebellion, revolution or world war is not legal. It used to be the case that if some were found to be seditious towards national security, the whole group was punished.

Religion has the cultivation of law abiding behavior as a natural purpose. National law against terrorism is a better legislative action than the promotion of sectarian prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment