Friday, August 2, 2019

Look

8.3.19
Back to the Future
DeLorean

Look
Forward
向前看
Xiàng qián kàn
楽しみにする
Tanoshimini suru
ps143
Exspecto

I remember the past
as a prediction of the future cast.

I will appraise the value of your method
with respect for the results accepted.

I assess the product of your production
in conjunction with the assumption of function.

I offer my hands to you where you stand.
My soul thirsts for reflective recognition like an arid land.

Producer of production, hear my prayer.
Answer me near the corner of your square.
Honor my request with the rightness of your care.

Wisdom rescued those who served her.
When the man fled his brother's wrath he became a blur.

She guided him on a straight path.
He was shown how to do the math. 

He was given knowledge of holy things.
He saw the kingdom of God with practical imagining.

She prospered him in the management of his labor
to increase fruit for him to savor.

Wisdom rescued those who served her.
When the man fled his brother's wrath he became a blur.

She guided him on a straight path.
He was shown how to do the math. 

He was given knowledge of holy things.
He saw the kingdom of God with practical imagining.

She prospered him in the management of his labor
to increase fruit for him to savor.

The kingdom is not something observable as yet to be seen.
It is here among us for intelligence and faith to glean.

The royal priesthood is an investigation
that announces the benefit of resurrection.
Do not condemn me with absolute judgement.

No one living will bear the punishment 
or the bludgeon by reduction.

The destruction of an argument may leave those who argued it better off.
We act for standards to improve past performance as a redemptive cost. 

Let me find my error
so I can correct or avoid consequent terror.

Make haste to answer me.
My spirit has faltered as you can see.

Do not turn your face from my achievement
or I will fall into a state of bereavement.

Let me hear your love rise with the dawn.
My care is like a doe for her fawn.

You are the path to which I am drawn.
I lift my soul to divine phenomenon.  

I run to you like a deluge.
Please allow me to take refuge.

Teach me to learn how to provide a service.
Your Spirit will guide me to find my purpose.

Revive me for your Name's sake
that I may escape even the trouble that I make.

Bring the plans of my foes to naught
that the love of your goodness may be sought.

-------------------------

143 Domine, exaudi
Dominated, answer

5 I remember the time past;
I muse upon all your deeds;
I consider the works of your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to you;
my soul gasps to you like a thirsty land.
1 Lord, hear my prayer,
and in your faithfulness heed my supplications;
answer me in your righteousness.
2 Enter not into judgment with your servant,
for in your sight shall no one living be justified.
7 O Lord, make haste to answer me; my spirit fails me;
do not hide your face from me
or I shall be like those who go down to the Pit.
8 Let me hear of your loving-kindness in the morning,
for I put my trust in you;
show me the road that I must walk,
for I lift up my soul to you.
9 Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord,
for I flee to you for refuge.
10 Teach me to do what pleases you, for you are my God;
let your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11 Revive me, O Lord, for your Name's sake;
for your righteousness' sake, bring me out of trouble.
(12 Of your goodness, destroy my enemies
and bring all my foes to naught,
for truly I am your servant.)

-------------------------
==================
-------------------------

Wisdom 10:9-10

Wisdom rescued from troubles those who served her.
When a righteous man fled from his brother's wrath,
she guided him on straight paths;
she showed him the kingdom of God
and gave him knowledge of holy things.
She prospered him in his labors
and increased the fruit of his toil.

-------------------------

Wisdom rescued those who served her.
When the man fled his brother's wrath he became a blur.

She guided him on a straight path.
He was shown how to do the math.

He was given knowledge of holy things.
He saw the kingdom of God with practical imagining.

She prospered him in the management of his labor
to increase fruit for him to savor.

==================

2 Corinth. 10:2, 4-5

I ask that when I am present I need not show boldness by daring to oppose those who think we are acting according to human standards.

We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God.

-------------------------

The destruction of an argument may leave those who argued it better off.
We act for standards to improve past performance as a redemptive cost.

==================

Luke 17:20-21

Once Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming. He answered, 'The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed. They will not say, "Look, here it is!" or "There it is!" The kingdom of God is among you in fact.

-------------------------

The kingdom of God is not something observable as yet to be seen.
It is here among us for intelligence and faith to glean.

==================

Priesthood

George Freeman Bragg
b. 1.25.1863, Warrenton, NC
d. 3.12.1940, Baltimore, MD

George Freeman Bragg was an African-American priest, journalist and historian. He was ordained as the twelfth African American priest in the Episcopal Church of the United States. He worked for interracial harmony both within and outside of his church.

Warrenton, North Carolina

Warrenton is a small town near the northern border of North Carolina. It was founded in 1779. It was named for Dr. Joseph Warren, a patriot and soldier who fell at the Battle of Bunker Hill during the American Revolutionary War,

It became one of the wealthiest towns in the North Carolina from 1840 to 1860. It was the trading center for an area that was rich with tobacco and cotton plantations.

The town became a busy center of commerce when the railroad was built to improve shipping of the commodities of the tobacco and cotton fields to market in the 1850's.

George Freeman Bragg

George was born into slavery in Warrenton, North Carolina on January 25, 1863 during the American Civil War. He was baptised at Emmanuel Episcopal Church.

His carpenter father was also named George Freeman Bragg. His seamstress mother was Mary. They moved their family to Petersburg, Virginia as the war ended to live with his grandmother Caroline Wiley Cain Bragg. She was a devout Episcopalian and former slave of an Episcopal priest.

Young George delivered newspapers and established relationships with the city's leaders as a child.
He was expelled for "insufficient humility" six months after Bragg began his theological studies at the Bishop Payne Divinity School. He turned his attention to politics and was appointed a page in the House of Delegates in Richmond in 1881-82.

He founded the weekly Petersburg Lancet on July 1, 1882. It was dedicated to civil rights issues.  He changed the paper's name to the Afro-American Churchman in February 1886. It became The Church Advocate later.

A change in the rector at St. Stephens, Petersburg, also allowed Bragg to resume his theological studies. He graduated in 1886.

He married the daughter of another prominent Petersburg black family, Nellie Hill, on September 20, 1887. The couple ultimately had two sons and two daughters.

Bragg was ordained a deacon on January 12, 1887. He was assigned as vicar to Holy Innocents Episcopal Church, a mission in Norfolk. He successfully challenged a rule that black deacons wait at least five years before ordination as priests.

Bishop Francis McNeece Whittle ordained Bragg as a priest at Saint Luke's Episcopal Church in Norfolk on December 19, 1888. Fr. George became the twelfth black Episcopal priest. He expanded his congregation into the fully self-supporting Grace Episcopal Church during the next 5 years.

He accepted a call in 1891 to become rector in Baltimore, MD. He became the pastor for St. James Episcopal Church. It was the oldest black Episcopal congregation in the South. The church had been founded in 1824. He served for 49 years until his death.

The struggling congregation of 63 became self-supporting again under Bragg's leadership. They tripled in size and built a new structure on Park Avenue and Preston Streets by 1901. It was among the largest black Episcopal parishes in the country by 1924. The church had over 500 parishioners.

Bragg promoted social activism both within and outside the church. He helped Booker T. Washington found the Committee of Twelve in 1902. They fought to prevent disenfranchisement of blacks in Maryland.

He later joined W. E. B. DuBois as one of the founders of the Niagara Movement. This was a precursor of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. He continued publishing the monthly Church Advocate, wrote several books and worked to develop black ministers. He fostered more than 20 vocations.

He fought against restricting the church's mission work to overseas activities. He argued that the denomination also needed to foster African American congregations.

He served as secretary and historiographer of the Conference of Church Workers among Colored People. The group lobbied for the election and consecration of black bishops among other things. He was interviewed twice, but was never selected for that promotion.

Fr. George Bragg died on March 12, 1940 after a short hospitalization at Baltimore's Providence Hospital. The Baltimore Sun eulogized his quiet manner, dignity and work for interracial harmony.

George Bragg
S. 乔治布拉格
T. 喬治布拉格

乔 Qiao      stately                        喬 kyo      high            Jo  じょ-  ジョ-         Jo    조 article 
治 zhi         govern                        治 ji         reign            ji   じ        ジ              ji     지  g               
布 Bu          to announce               布 fu        linen           Bu ぶ       ブ               Beu 브  the           
拉  la          to draw                       拉 ra        Latin           ra  らっ    ラッ           lae   래  ra     
格  ge         to investigate              格 go       status          gu  ぐ       グ               geu  그  that         

-------------------------

The royal priesthood is an investigation
that announces the benefit of resurrection.

==================

wiki George Bragg
Lectionary Fr. George Freeman Bragg

No comments:

Post a Comment