Sunday, April 10, 2016

Diminish


Jerry Ryan: Osh Kosh by "Bosch"

Diminish
Threat
脅威を減少させます 
Kyōi o genshō sa semasu
ps30

Diminish threat
with caution for sufficiency.
Destruction only 
builds delusion
until threat reasserts

itself by intrusion.

I will applaud life
beyond the trodden trail
because there was no pause
in divine applause
for education.

My doubt did not defeat me.
I cried out for help 
and I was restored to health.
I was given breath
as I was going down to death.

Sing for life you who have escaped strife.
Give thanks for the remembrance 
of your deliverance.

Threat lasts for a moment.
Gratitude stays as long 
as you remember.

You will remember 
that love makes life
worthy of remembrance.

Weeping attends disappointment, 
but joy assimilates your appointment 
for the evolution of congress
for progress.

When my security was based 
on defeating others, I said,
"I will never be defeated.
Fortune favors the strong."

Fortune's face hid my disgrace
as I fell prey to fear. Threat 
drew near. It appeared to be 
for the extinction of pride.

I cried, "What will I learn
if I am extinguished with my pride?
I will have died without another stride
in the progress towards having learned
what I should have discerned 
with faith for the discernment.

"What will be the profit 
if I go down to the grave?
Will the dirt raise praise
for being faithful?

"Have mercy. 
Preserve life
for gratitude 
among the living."

My weeping was turned to joy. 
I danced to celebrate redemption.

My heart sings without ceasing. 
Hope did not join the deceased. 

It was not seized.
It has not decreased.

Faith is a reward 
for the faithful. 

Threat is diminished, not finished,
by reasonable respect for due diligence
in strategic safeguards for caution.


30 Exaltabo te, Domine

1 I will exalt you, O Lord,
because you have lifted me up *
and have not let my enemies triumph over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried out to you, *
and you restored me to health.
3 You brought me up, O Lord, from the dead; *
you restored my life as I was going down to the grave.
4 Sing to the Lord, you servants of his; *
give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his wrath endures but the twinkling of an eye, *
his favor for a lifetime.
6 Weeping may spend the night, *
but joy comes in the morning.
7 While I felt secure, I said,
"I shall never be disturbed. *
You, Lord, with your favor, made me as strong as
the mountains."
8 Then you hid your face, *
and I was filled with fear.
9 I cried to you, O Lord; *
I pleaded with the Lord, saying,
10 "What profit is there in my blood, if I go down to the Pit? *
will the dust praise you or declare your faithfulness?
11 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me; *
O Lord, be my helper."
12 You have turned my wailing into dancing; *
you have put off my sack-cloth and clothed me with joy.
13 Therefore my heart sings to you without ceasing; *
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks for ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment