Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mirror, My Soul



Yuri in Water

Mirror

ミラ

Mirā

from Ps.25

Yuri:
Love for Life
Is the Looking Glass

                                                                          
The tyrant says,
“Anyone who disagrees
with me is a terrorist.”
It’s not that he believes
that what he says is true.
It’s not that he wants
to take things personally.

 
He just wants to oppress
minorities by exploiting the majority
for the minority that want
to dominate the market
and control the government
with plutocracy.


Have mercy!


My soul is my mirror for growth.

I lift up my soul with love by faith.
My soul is an image for what is good
about human rights; my spirit
for the divine in life.


Let spirit for soul
be the guide for liberty in the law.
Don’t let greed or pride rule
the law for personal flaws.


Light for insight
makes being right our might.
Domination by violence and deprivation
to control the will to power over others
is not right. It is uptight fright trying
to look like it’s the light.


Set things right
for the rest of your life.
Set a course for goodness
with a truth and love that last
by the reach for the everlasting.


It is not an error to correct with punishment.
It is wrong to punish for destruction. Error
is not destroyed by killing an opponent
as the enemy. It is only compounded.
 
Justice is confounded by the need
for reparation from cruelty
in punishment.


All the paths of faith
are justified by faithfulness.
 
We are guided by love;
making our best better
by using what we have
for improvement
in being the best
we can be.


I lift up my soul with love by faith.


My soul is the mirror for growth.


25 Ad te, Domine, levavi

1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul;
my God, I put my trust in you; *
let me not be humiliated,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

2 Let none who look to you be put to shame; *
let the treacherous be disappointed in their schemes.

3 Show me your ways, O Lord, *
and teach me your paths.

4 Lead me in your truth and teach me, *
for you are the God of my salvation;
in you have I trusted all the day long.

5 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and love, *
for they are from everlasting.
6 Remember not the sins of my youth and my transgressions; *
remember me according to your love
and for the sake of your goodness, O Lord.

7 Gracious and upright is the Lord; *
therefore he teaches sinners in his way.

8 He guides the humble in doing right *
and teaches his way to the lowly.

9 All the paths of the Lord are love and faithfulness *
to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment