Friday, November 17, 2017

Lift


Karen Gillan
"Jumanji"

Lift
Your Eyes
あなたの目を持ち上げる
Anata no me o mochiageru 
ps123

I lift my eyes to the sky.
From where did I arise?

The eagle soars above the land.
He glides with an ease that is grand.

He watches with the keenest sight.
Then like a lightning bolt, he strikes.

How did it feel?
Like it wasn't real
.
The lion held labor as a slave.
He kept his slaves in darkness as a cave.

The strength of courage broke his back.
The slaves were freed. They flew from the zodiac.

The augurs were the sacerdotes.
The auspices looked to denote the notes.

The prophets were the case for hope.
Criticism defined the scope.

Justice journeys through the vast unknown
to find what's fair in what can be shown.

Our eyes look for love in what can be seen.
We seek mercy, gentle as the cat that preens.

The future is given into your hand.
Govern with design as the plan.

Achievement is a goal that drives.
Excellence in performance thrives.

Anger is a feeling felt 
to cut the excess from the belt.

Wrath in action is not the path
when cruelty makes blood the bath.

Trust is built with integrity.
Behave as though you're always seen.

Invest to build on what had been built.
Refine the work. Clean up what's spilt.

There are motions in the mind
that reach beyond what's known to seek and find.

The great earth finds the quiet of time
to shake out the soft fire of desire.

We have suffered contempt from the proud.
The rule of law for people was not allowed.

There was too much scorn from the indolent.
There was not enough presence for the imminent.

Each moves towards the meeting place
from respective climbs to the divine with grace.

The winding stairs rise or fall as needed.
The way to heaven will not be cheated.

I lift my eyes to the sky.
From where did I arise?

I seek. I find. I rise.
It is to the sky I fly.


Psalm 123 Ad te levavi oculos meos

1 To you I lift up my eyes, *
to you enthroned in the heavens.

2 As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, *
and the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,

3 So our eyes look to the Lord our God, *
until he show us his mercy.

4 Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy, *
for we have had more than enough of contempt,

5 Too much of the scorn of the indolent rich, *
and of the derision of the proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment